Thomas E. Malloy has conducted research on interpersonal perception, peer perceptions in classrooms, intergroup relations and reconciliation, individual differences and behavior, cross-cultural psychology, research methodology, and health psychology. He is currently funded by RI-INBRE Grant # P20RR016457 from the National Center for Research Resources (NCRR), a component of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to test the intergroup relations model (Malloy, 2008).
- Aggression, Conflict, Peace
- Culture and Ethnicity
- Intergroup Relations
- Interpersonal Processes
- Person Perception
- Prejudice and Stereotyping
- Research Methods, Assessment
Research Group or Laboratory:
Note from the Network: The holder of this profile has certified having all necessary rights, licenses, and authorization to post the files listed below. Visitors are welcome to copy or use any files for noncommercial or journalistic purposes provided they credit the profile holder and cite this page as the source.
- Nadler, A., Malloy, T. E., & Fisher, J. D. (Eds.). (2008). The social psychology of intergroup reconciliation. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Malloy, T. E., Lewis, B., Kinney, L., & Murphy, P. (in press). Explicit weight stereotypes are curvilinear: Biased judgments of thin and overweight targets. European Eating Disorders Review, published online 13 March, 2011.
- Malloy, T. E., & Goldfield, B. (2010). Use of the asymmetric block design and variance component analysis in research on adult-child language interaction. Ab Initio International Online, Spring, 2010.
- Malloy, T. E., Barcelos, S., Arruda, E., DeRosa, M., & Fonseca, C. (2005). Individual differences and cross-situational consistency of dyadic social behavior. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 89, 643-654.
- Malloy, T. E., Albright, L., Diaz-Loving, R., Dong, Q., & Lee, Y. T. (2004). Agreement in personality judgments in non-overlapping social groups in collectivist cultures. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 30, 106-117.
- Miller, S., & Malloy, T. E. (2003). Interpersonal behavior, affect, and perception in status discrepant dyads: Gay and Heterosexual men in social interaction. Psychology of Men and Masculinity, 4, 121-135.
- Malloy, T. E., & Albright, L. (2001). Single and multiple interaction dyadic research designs: Conceptual and analytic issues. Basic and Applied Social Psychology, 23, 1-19.
- Malloy, T. E., Lewis, B., Kinney, L., & Murphy, P. (2012). Explicit weight stereotypes are curvilinear: Biased judgments of thin and overweight targets. European Eating Disorders Review, 20(2), 151-154.
- Malloy, T. E., Fisher, W. A., Albright, L., Misovich, S. J., & Fisher, J. D. (1997). Interpersonal perception of AIDS risk potential. Health Psychology, 16, 480-486.
- Malloy, T. E., Albright, L., Kenny, D. A., Agatstein, F., & Winquist, L. (1997). Interpersonal perception and metaperception in non-overlapping social groups. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 72, 390-398.
- Malloy, T. E., Agatstein, F., Yarlas, A., & Albright, L. (1997). Effects of communication, stimulus overlap, and target consistency on consensus in social perception. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 73, 270-280.
- Malloy, T. E., Yarlas, A. S., Montvilo, R. K., & Sugarman, D. B. (1996). Agreement and accuracy of children's interpersonal perceptions: A social relations analysis. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 71, 692-702.
- Malloy, T. E., Sugarman, D. B., Montvilo, R. K., & Ben-Zeev. (1995). Children's interpersonal perceptions: A social relations analysis of perceiver and target effects. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 68, 418-426.
- Malloy, T. E., & Albright, L. (1990). Interpersonal perception in a social context. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 58, 419-428.
- Malloy, T. E., & Kenny, D. A. (1986). The Social Relations Model: An integrative method for personality research. Journal of Personality, 54, 101-124.
- Malloy, T. E. (2008). Intergroup relations and reconciliation: Theoretical Analysis and Methodological Implications. In A. Nadler, T. E. Malloy, & J. D. Fisher (Eds.), Social Psychology of Intergroup Reconciliation. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Malloy, T. E., & Cillessen, A. H. N. (2008). Variance component analysis of generalized and dyadic peer perceptions in adolescence (pp. 213-244). In N. A. Card, J. P. Selig, & T. D. Little (Eds.), Modeling dyadic and interdependent data in developmental and behavioral sciences. New York: Routledge.
- Malloy, T. E., Ristikari, T., Berrios-Candelaria, R., Lewis, B., & Agatstein, F. (2011). Status based asymmetry in intergroup responses: Implications for intergroup reconciliation. Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology, 17, 31-42.
- Malloy, T. E., Albright, L., & Scarpati, S. (2007). Awareness of peers' judgments of oneself: Accuracy and process of metaperception. International Journal of Behavioral Development, 31, 483-490.
Thomas E. Malloy
Department of Psychology
Rhode Island College
Providence, RI 02908
- Phone: (401) 456-8177